Adding charts to your site has been made very easy, using shortcodes. If you don’t know what shortcodes are or how they work, please have a look at this page: How to use Shortcodes.
Now the NaNoWriMo Stats plugin has a shortcode to generate beautiful charts:
Just add this shortcode to your post, page or widget and the plugin will generate a chart, like this:
But there is more…
Yes, variables! There is a set of variables available for the shortcode that allows you to override the default settings you set at the Settings Page.
- width: this variable changes the width of the chart. In pixels please.
- height: this variable changes the… well, you get the idea. In pixels please.
- username: override the default username setting with this variable. It allows you to show charts for another user as well.
- wccolor: choose a color for the wordcount bars. Don’t forget the hash-tag # that is needed for web colors.
- goalcolor: does the same thing, but now for the goal line. Again: don’t forget the hash-tag!
- dailycolor: does the same thing, but now for the daily wordcount bars. Don’t forget the hash-tag!
- showtotals: set to false if you don’t want to see the total wordcount bars. Default is true.
- showdaily: set to false if you don’t want to see the daily wordcount bars. Default is true.
- showgoals: set to false if you don’t want to see the goal line. Default is true.
- showtitle: set to false if you don’t want a title in this chart. Default is true, so you don’t need to include this variable if you do want a title.
Please note that none of these variables is necessary! If you do not include one, the default value will be used.
[nanostats width=400 height=300 wccolor=#ff0000 goalcolor=#00ff00]
[nanostats wccolor=#00aaff showtitle=false]